Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer lovin'...

Time flies when you're having...fun? Darkside has come and gone, I managed to push myself to stay out there, circling that pond for 7 hours and 35 minutes. My mileage wasn't what I had wanted to get that day, but I DID receive the experience I was after. Pushing my body to keep going, in that heat, and managing my hydration and caloric intake throughout the day. While my feet had no intention of carrying me any further, at least I felt good enough that I could have if my feet were up to it.

Now we're 12 days out from my next 8 hour race, Hot to Trot. This one will be on the trails at Sweetwater Creek State Park, my favorite trails to run; not just because they're close to home, but for the constantly changing scenery throughout the year and the variety of trail conditions found there. This is a GUTS event too, so I'll know well over half of the participants and volunteers. I've been pushing myself to run as much as I can in the heat leading up to this, so there's not much to say except, go me! And I can't forget a big THANK YOU to both of my girls, Chelsea and Reann, as well as Jonathan. My girls hit the road or the trails with me with hardly ever any complaining, and Jonathan is always a good partner to hit the trails or group runs with since our pace is similar and we're now neighbors!

After this, I'm still in the thinking stages of signing up for the Big Peach Sizzler 10K on Labor Day, will probably do so by the end of this week, and I still haven't committed to the Silver Comet Half but also hope to do so very soon. After that, it's the Peachtree City 50K in November, really looking forward to that one. Oh, and sweeping the 12 mile course at Mystery Mountain Marathon/12 mile on October 9th. And I've already added one to next year, the Louisiana Marathon in Baton Rouge on January 15th, 2012. All in all, still a lighter race schedule than I've had previously, and that's ok. Life rolls on.

August 7, 2011 - GUTS Hot to Trot 8 Hour Race, Sweetwater Creek State Park
September 5, 2011 - Big Peach Sizzler 10K, Chamblee to Buckhead
October 9, 2011 - Mystery Mountain Marathon/12 Miler, Fort Mountain State Park (sweeping)
October 29, 2011 - Silver Comet Half Marathon, Mableton
November 4-6, 2011 - Pinhoti 100 Mile Endurance Run, Helfin to Sylacauga, AL (crewing)
November 13, 2011 - Peachtree City 50K/25K, Peachtree City
January 15, 2012 - Louisiana Marathon, Baton Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment