Saturday, June 19, 2010

So now what?

It's the middle of June, and I only have two races on the calendar, and one of them isn't for another 9 months! It's been a crazy couple of months but here I am. Need to buckle down and get back into the running and getting myself back in shape.

5/22/10 Warrior Dash, Mountain City, GA - Well the drive up there was worth the price of admission. It was mine and Chelsea's first time up that way and we sure didn't want to head back to Douglasville afterwards! This was a fun time, between the water walk, tires, obstacle walls, cargo net wall, junk yard, mud crawl and fire jumps, we got our butts kicked! Definitely one we're going to do again if it's back in the Southeast next year.

Coming up in 2 weeks is the Peachtree Road Race, Chelsea and Reann are doing it with me, should be another fun time!

I know that one way to challenge myself is to sign up for a race I know will kick my butt, but at this point I'm going to focus on the running itself, build the distance back up and then see how I feel. By August I should know if I'm ready to another race (or more) this fall.

7/4/10 Peachtree Road Race, Atlanta GA
3/20/11 Georgia Marathon, Atlanta, GA

No comments:

Post a Comment