Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saying goodbye to 2010 and Helloooooo 2011!

Happy New Year everyone! Guess I can close the books on the last few races of 2010 and look forward to what I have planned for 2011.

Race recap:

Locomotive Half Marathon 9/19/2010 - This was a fun, albeit challenging one. Wasn't prepared for the hills, but overall Reann and I did well! My time was 2:57:06

10th Annual Silver Comet Half Marathon 10/30/10 - Another good day overall, felt good and surprised myself by shaving 4 minutes off last year's time! 2:42:34

4th Annual Peachtree City 25K/50K - I ran the 25K with Jonathan and we managed pretty well, but I think we both thought we were stronger than we ended up being. Although I did do one extra loop, making it over 20 miles for that day! 25K time was 3:47:25

2010 Atlanta Half Marathon Thanksgiving Day - The day started warmer than I thought it would be. The hills did me in on this one too, just did not prepare well for it, plus had no idea there would be that many throughout. Reann and I definitely earned our turkey dinner anyway! 3:08:39

Now on to 2011. With only one race registered for at this point, it's my main focus. Working with fellow runner Tracy who modified a marathon training plan for me, am now in week 5 and managed a 12 mile run earlier today, in the rain no less! Working on increasing my distance and endurance leading up to the marathon in March. Going to get back into a good cross-training plan as well starting tomorrow, I really need the strength training, mostly for core and legs.

My volunteer duties were pretty well met in 2010, and 2011 is shaping up to be just as good, if not better, than last year.

Here's to 2011!

Races (registered for):
Publix Marathon 3/20/11

Races (hoping to get on the calendar):
Warrior Dash - May
Peachtree Road Race 10K - July
Grandfather Mountain Marathon - July
Mystery Mountain Marathon (or Half) - October
Silver Comet Half Marathon - October
Peachtree City 50K - November

Volunteering duties:
Atlanta Fat Ass 50K - 1/9/11
Red Top Rumble - 2/6/11
SweetH2O Sweetheart Half Marathon - 2/13/11
GRR 100/50/50K - 3/5-3/6/11
SweetH2O 50K -4/16/11
And I'm sure a host of others as the year progresses...

Lastly, I want to give a big THANK YOU to all the members of the running community I got to know better this year, as well as those I met this year. You are all a huge inspiration to me, because of your successes and challenges, I am able to reach farther for my own successes and challenges. Here's to a healthy 2011 for us all!

And one last "ATTA GIRL" for two fabulous friends of mine - Marci and Jen. These two ladies started running and both decided to do their first half marathon in 2010 and both finished with fabulous results. You ladies rock!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I met you this year.
    It looks like you you had an awesome running year and I'm sure 2011 will be great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job running AND volunteering in 2010! 2011 is going to be an even better year for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2011 is gonna ROCK!

    ReplyDelete