Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winter in the South

Even after living here for 7 years, thunderstorms and tornado/flash flood watches and warnings in DECEMBER still make me shake my head in amazement. Guess that's still the Minnesotan in me; winter is about snow, ice and sub-zero temps, not rain.

That being said, I'm glad it IS rain, and not snow. It's bad enough people can't drive when it's raining down here, do NOT add snow or ice into the mix, it almost becomes laughable. Yes, even the hint of snow has people headed to the grocery stores in droves to stock up on bread and milk. That, my friends, is no lie, that is 100% southern fact.

Now comes the admission, yes, I DO prefer the winters down here. Just hold off on the attacks, all of you still muddling through winter year after year up north; that admission does not mean that I hate snow and cold and all the fun things winter brings, I just prefer it on my own terms, in smaller doses. :)

Ciao for now, work calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment